The kettlebell long cycle has to be the mother of all kettlebell fat loss exercises! This one definitely isn’t for beginners, and you will need 2 kettlebells to perform this exercise.
This move is essentially 2 moves rolled into one- a kettlebell clean, followed by a jerk.
Kettlebell long cycle instructions -
- Start with your 2 kettlebells placed slightly in front of you with you legs slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Grab your kettlebells (one in each hand!) and swing them between your legs. Remember to keep your head looking straight forward.
- When you feel your hamstrings pull slightly, use your hips to explosively drive the kettlebells forwards. Don’t use your biceps to move them!
- Let your kettlebells come around the side of your hands and let them rest at roughly shoulder height on your forearms. Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Keep the momentum going by spearing your hands upwards whilst dipping slightly at the waist (as if you were performing a squat or getting ready to sit in a chair).
- Lock your arms out at the top of the movement.
- Lower your kettlebells back to your chest, make sure to keep them close and tight.
- Allow your kettlebells to swing back between your legs.
That’s one rep! I challenge you to add the kettlebell long cycle to your kettlebell workout and blast out 20 of these bad boys. Check out the video below to make sure you are using good form.